iPhone Survival Story

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcorrado, Jan 30, 2009.

1. pcorrado macrumors 6502

So this afternoon I was walking to my office in downtown Chicago - as I was crossing Madison Street at Dearborn - I get hit by a bus! I didn't even realize it was a bus that hit me at the time but my arm shot up and my iPhone went flying across the street. I was alive and that was enough for me - so I ran immediately to the iPhone and besides a couple of small nicks and two restarts - the phone survived. This is one tough phone!

2. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

While I'm very glad you're iPhone was ok I have to ask...How are you faring after the run in with the bus?

3. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    I'm really glad your iPhone survived its trauma but are you okay? After all, it only took a flight but you were hit by a bus!

4. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Are you OK? If I got hit by a bus that last thing I would think about would be m y iPhone.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The most important thing is you're ok--screw the iPhone, did the bus run a light or something?

6. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Let me get this straight... you get HIT BY A BUS and the first thing you do is run for your iPhone?? Wow, that's dedication. Apple should put that in one of their commercials.

I take it the bus bumped the side of your arm or something instead of full-on running you over.

7. pcorrado thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah pretty much - I was crossing in the crosswalk and the bus "bumped" into my arm going about 10-15 mph - throwing me off my balance and sending my phone flying.

I honestly didn't even realize that it was bus initially. As far as my health goes - i think I am ok my arm is very sore and kind of tingly - I'll have to see how I feel in the morning though. Thank you everyone for the concern and trust me if I were seriously hurt - forget about the phone.

8. pcorrado thread starter macrumors 6502

now if only someone will come up with a bus proximately detection app...

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Just curious, were you watching where you were going or paying attention to your iPhone (texting, watching video, etc.)? I only ask, because my teenage daughter will walk through parking lots etc, while glued to her iPhone texting.

Glad that you are ok.

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Was it in a cover? Seems for most, it can take the brunt off of any scratching, or dampen most falls...