Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
First post!!! wooo hooo!

Any way, I am considering purchasing two 3G iPhones to replace the two 2G iPhones that my fiance and I currently have. These are my questions to all you in the know people out there.

1. Is it actually worth the price to replace a perfectly good, never jail broken, unblemished, working 2G iphone?

2. Does anyone out there know if I could resell the 2G phone anywhere (ie. eBay or craig's list) and what could I expect to get for each phone?

Thanks to every one ahead of time for the feedback.

ps. I have been a 3+year lurker on the site and finally decided to take the plunge......you guys and your info rule!

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
First post!!! wooo hooo!

Any way, I am considering purchasing two 3G iPhones to replace the two 2G iPhones that my fiance and I currently have. These are my questions to all you in the know people out there.

1. Is it actually worth the price to replace a perfectly good, never jail broken, unblemished, working 2G iphone?

2. Does anyone out there know if I could resell the 2G phone anywhere (ie. eBay or craig's list) and what could I expect to get for each phone?

ps. I have been a 3+year lurker on the site and finally decided to take the plunge......you guys and your info rule!

If you unlock and sell on ebay (internationally) you can expect to see at least $200 per phone.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
First post!!! wooo hooo!

1. I recently upgraded to the 3G from the first generation. It has been a little while now and all in all I have found it worth the price. The plan does go up for most, but because of my plan and discount situation I ended up saving money - so it was a no brainer. I love my iPhone 3G 16GB White! I was in the same situation with my absolutely PERFECT iPhone 2G. Not a single scratch, not a dot! PERFECT. Gave it to my mom and that was that.

2. In my area Craig's List sales a generally around $200 for a locked iPhone. So by unlocking you should be able to get more... Good Luck

I found it a difficult decision to switch, but feel satisfied. And after 2.1 today I'm even happier. Good luck, just watch out for the billing difference. And be sure of superb 3G coverage in your area, otherwise it mostly defeats the purpose of upgrading. Oh, and welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.