iPhone switches to silent/normal mode when squeezed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by napalmit, Mar 8, 2010.

1. napalmit macrumors newbie

Throughout today my phone(2g 3.0)has been on silent mode and been vibrating constantly at random, mainly when putting it in my pocket. I discovered it is when I put pressure on the back(starting just below the apple to the top) and when I put pressure in the back upper right(opposite of camera). When it vibrates it is also switching between silent and vibrate mode. Sometimes it will say it's now on normal mode even when the red dot is showing. When it's in normal mode and I put pressure on the same areas nothing happens.. A loose button or something maybe? Anyone else have this problem that has found a solution?

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Needs a new silent switch which means a new wiring loom.

3. napalmit thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh thanks for the reply, I just googled it a bit and it kind of looks like a daunting task for me to complete...how much will this be to fix in a repair shop? I see that you fix phones, how much would you charge for something of this matte roughly? So I can get an idea of how much to pay....