iPhone SWOT analysis

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erandall38, Jan 23, 2008.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I am doing a project for my marketing class. I need to make a SWOT
    analysis for Apple's iPhone.
    For those of you who do not know what SWOT is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swot_analysis

I plan on doing 5 bulletin points for each; Strengths, Weaknesses,
    Opportunities, and Threats.

I basically have the just of it done but since I did a similar report
    last year, thought it would be fun to get everyones views and opinions.

Join in if you would like, and I appreciate the insight.

Also, I am doing a SWOT for Apple, the company in general, if you would like to add insight there as well, you can find it: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4819216#post4819216

2. alice12 macrumors newbie

Hi erandall38,

You can create your SWOT analysis within a couple of seconds using this FREE SWOT Analysis Generator

Hope it helps
    Alice

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Strengths - Integration. Complete chain - 1 device, 2 current models (16 or 8GB), the hardware, the OS, the App Store, the iTunes integration, the potential integration in Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Weaknesses - see the hardware and software threads, plus the valid points made by users about other devices' superiority.
    Opportunities - See market for smartphones. Extras for getting switchers to Mac on the back of iPhone sales. note Apple's probably going to get a new version announced/launched in ~6 months from current estimates (WWDC)

Threats - Nokia getting it's act together.

4. leaftors macrumors newbie

I'd be interested in reading your swot analysis.

If you could please email it to leaftors@hotmail.com

I'd appreciate it thanks!

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Threats - Maybe the Palm Pre too?

6. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Biggest threat - Complacency.

7. pika2000 macrumors 68030

8. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

S- Apple's #1. Advantage is the ecosystem. Local Apples stores for service etc. And the App Store all together.
    W- It's boring. They are not innovating. Behind on features. Purchasing relevance from Samsung OLED displays.
    O- Un tapped potential, VR and AR. Bigger phones. Bluetooth 5.0 2 sets of headphones simultaneously.
    T- Direct to Consumer sales and Google's Own Cell Network. Google is 2 years IMO away from buying out T-Mobile or Sprint for pocket change they are just waiting on the last round of FCC Spectrum Auctions.
    Instantly they have their own Network they are already selling direct to Consumer Google Pixel XL phones with 5.5" OLED displays. Which Apple is just catching up to. Once Google Cuts out the Middle Man. Their prices will hurt the competition the Goal is Disruption of the cellular marketplace the same Way Apple disrupted they way we buy Music, The same way Uber disrupted transportation The same way Tesla is Disrupting to auto industry. Google is out to change they way we purchase phones and cellular service.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

10. I7guy macrumors G5

Uber disrupted transportation because they were allowed to operate with different rules than incumbents. Make uber operate under the tl&c with the same rules and they would fall faster than a rock in a vacuum. But good luck to google.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

OP could have a PhD by now if they are still in school.