iPhone Sync causing iTunes to open MS Outlook (Windows)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by velocityg4, Jun 25, 2011.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I've switched my iPhone over to sync with iTunes on my Windows computer.

Anyways, now anytime I connect the blasted thing. iTunes tries to launch Outlook. Even though I do not have the iPhone set to sync Contacts, Calendars or Mail with Outlook. I don't even use Outlook so it is not configured for any e-mail. I prefer the Thunderbird interface.

The question is. How do I stop iTunes from launching Outlook when an iPhone is connected? If there is not a setting in iTunes perhaps there is a registry entry I can change, add or remove.

I placed this in the iPhone section since this problem did not occur until I started syncing my iPhone with iTunes on Windows. So I figured the odds of a Windows iPhone user with a solution would be greater than in the general Apple apps section loaded with Mac only users.

If for some reason you are curious as to why I made the switch. I manage my iTunes library on the PC the Macbook with it's tiny screen is to cumbersome. Also I was not able to Jailbreak to 4.3.3 successfully from Mac OS X using Pwnage Tool kept getting a 1600 error in DFU mode, Sn0wbreeze worked much better.

2. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I had to build a new profile for to get Outlook to launch as iTunes put useless exchange settings into Outlook. As I use the Google Exchange settings on my iPhone for address book syncing.

Anyways I have disabled all Add-ins for Outlook and that seemed to correct the problem. The iTunes one was already disabled so I am guessing that the Exchange server add-in was the problem.