Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
My iPhone 6 has been stuck on "Waiting For Changes To Be Applied" in iTunes forever!

How can I get this thing to finally sync? I'm running the most updated OS and iOS so I don't know why this is happening.

Been trying to sync for hours and it never goes through.

Anything helps - thanks!

Last edited:

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I really don't want to Reset my iPhone - has anyone dealt with or fixed this issue before?

SatManager

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Las Vegas
I went and forced an encrypted backup to iTunes last night and I got mine to start syncing. You can cancel the backup and the sync will continue. You may have to start the backup a few times, I did.

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Syncing issues

Same here. Hangs for ages. I'll sync my iPhone 5S with no problems then I'll add or remove some music and I end up having to restore from backup. 9000 songs takes about an hour to re-sync and even then it only works sometimes and I have to start again.
There are loads of suggested solutions and none seem to work and all involve hours of waiting. Fed up. For £700 I would expects this to work. I have no problems syncing two iPod classics or an iPad air with the same content, just doesn't work with the iPhone

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
This is ridiculous - I'm thinking about doing a restore as new phone

Do you think that would work?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You can always cancel the Sync - that is why the little "x" is available. Reboot the phone and try the sync again.
You can always restore a phone, it just depends on phone model and firmware version you want to restore to as to whether you can go to the firmware you desire.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
You can always cancel the Sync - that is why the little "x" is available. Reboot the phone and try the sync again.
You can always restore a phone, it just depends on phone model and firmware version you want to restore to as to whether you can go to the firmware you desire.
I've done both without any results. I've tried a bunch of other stuff too with zero success.

I never have to do this but if I can't get it to work I'm taking my iMac and iPhone 6 to the Genius Bar.

Come to think about it - this was my first sync since 8.1.1.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Reinstalling all my Apps - this better work.

Can't believe my 10 year old iPod syncs but I can't an iPhone 6 to after the update.

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK

Thanks; I've done all that and will try other things. Something I try will, eventually work and it will be fine for a few weeks then I will have to do the same again, reboot and resync, restore, or even set up as a new iPhone from scratch. Lots of things work temporarily but there doesn't seem to be a permanent solution. Thanks for the input, any help is appreciated.

The latest development and new to me is seemingly to have successfully sync all 9384 tracks but on the phone itself tracks are missing e.g. tracks 1, 5 to 9 then 11 & 13 will have synced but 2,3,4,10 & 12 will be missing. This applies to iTunes bought albums and CDs loaded onto iTunes. Getting seriously fed up with this. I now have to do another hour or so of restoring the phone etc which may or may not work this time. Really fed up

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
I've done both without any results. I've tried a bunch of other stuff too with zero success.

I never have to do this but if I can't get it to work I'm taking my iMac and iPhone 6 to the Genius Bar.

Come to think about it - this was my first sync since 8.1.1.

When this has happened to me, I either quit iTunes, re-open and try again; or try syncing less at a time after re-opening iTunes. Lately I add content manually to avoid syncing problems that may occur.

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Success(?)

After 6 hours or so and many many many restarts my music is back on my iPhone. iTunes was stuck saying "Waiting to Sync" but I ejected the phone and everything appears to be there. I've re-synced adding a couple of new items and that has worked too so, it's true it "just works".....after 6 hours of my life and a lot of patience....

I have no idea what causes the problem or, specifically how I fixed it, but it's working fine again...for now.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
After 6 hours or so and many many many restarts my music is back on my iPhone. iTunes was stuck saying "Waiting to Sync" but I ejected the phone and everything appears to be there. I've re-synced adding a couple of new items and that has worked too so, it's true it "just works".....after 6 hours of my life and a lot of patience....

I have no idea what causes the problem or, specifically how I fixed it, but it's working fine again...for now.

Still broken on mine. Can't get it to sync after a restore.

Could a corrupt music gold be causing this?!

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I have given up trying to sync my music. I called apple support and was with them for 2 hours. We "determined" the playlist I was syncing was corrupt. Ok, cool with me.....until I realized I had to drag and drop sets of about 15 songs only at a time :eek:

So, I did that and everything seemed fine. Songs were all there on my iPhone.....except now music not even in the playlist are showing up. :mad: Now I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to resync and redo the playlist all over again. Like you said, I can't believe my old 5.5G iPod syncs perfectly but this brand new 6+ is having issues. I'm still not sure if it's iTunes or the iPhone.

For the time being I'm just using Google Play Music, I have my whole collection uploaded onto it. Works just fine. But really I bought the 64Gb for the sole purpose of having my music on there. :confused:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I had some initial issues getting music on my 6+ properly. Finally played around with the manually manage music and movies and another option in the lower pane of iTunes Summary page when the phone was plugged in.

Got it done correctly after check marking those on and off a couple of times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.