iPhone Sync 'Hanging' on Contacts/Bookmarks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deadman64, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Jun 2, 2008
    For about a week now, whenever I sync my iPhone its take fairly long when sycning 'contacts' and 'bookmarks'. Usually it just flew threw them as they barely change each time...and it's not like I added x bookmarks or y contacts ( zero, or one/two of each at most), but still that is no excuse why it is taking so long on these. (Approx. 5 min on contacts and 5 on bookmarks).

While I'm not trying to be a baby and complain about an extra 10 min wait...it never used to get hung up on these parts....anyone else having this happen lately??
  2. Ubertam macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2009
    I've had this same exact problem for about a month. It's so annoying and I don't know why it happens.

I am too lazy to reinstall iTunes, BTW :p
  3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

May 28, 2007
    Northern NJ
    You need to give more information on your problem. Mac or PC? Which program are you syncing contacts with? I had a problem similar to this on my PC when I was syncing contacts with Outlook. Turned out my PST file became corrupt, so I had to export all the contacts from it and import into a new PST file. Now everything is set to sync with my google account so it works much nicer now.
  4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Feb 14, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Just an idea but when this happened to me there was actually a conflict between the contacts on the phone and the ones in the address book and there was a popup asking me what to do behind the iTunes window, so I didn't see it until I minimized iTunes. But the sync won't finish until you dismiss that popup.