iphone sync only contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by designingdani, Mar 29, 2010.

1. designingdani macrumors newbie

We have a new sales executive who needs to sync her iphone to the mac here at work. It is usually synced to her pc at home. All she needs are her email contacts to sync. She does not want to put all her itunes music and personal files on her mac here at the office. Is it possible to sync the iphone to both a mac and a pc and be selective about what files sync from each machine or am i dreaming of a utopian world where all devices live as one in blissful technological harmony? TIA

2. Jenkins12 macrumors member

The way syncing works, is it takes info from pc/mac and pushes that onto devices. None of his/her iPhone info will be put onto the work mac. You should be able to select only contacts, and sync that. Although this may replace all her contacts.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I hope you're not the new PCsareJunk. :D

Actually contacts are a 2-way sync. Anyway, yeah, she can select only contacts and sync that, but when she gets home she is going to have problems, since I gather she'll want to sync contacts at home. If not, then no problem, but the point is you have to pick just one computer. So, for example, some people only care about their calendar at work, so they sync with only calendar at work, and don't sync with it at home.

4. designingdani thread starter macrumors newbie

i figured this would be the case. thanks for the responses!