iPhone Sync Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rookie1986, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

Recently I've been having some trouble with my iMac and after 3 lots of repairs (Costing over £850 - Luckily I have Apple care :)) things finally seem to be working. After the repairs I have had to import all of my music, apps and movies back over to iTunes from my external HDD which was simply done but now I'm faced with the problem that during the 2 months that Apple had my iMac I downloaded more apps and music directly to my iPhone but when I Sync my iPhone these new files don't import across, whats worse is now I can't add any of the music, movies etc etc back to my iPhone from iTunes because iTunes wants to reset my iPhone meaning I will lose everything I've downloaded between the last two months. Does anyone know what I should do to get this all sorted?

Also on a side note, as part of the repair process they installed Snow Leopard. At first this sounded like a nice free gesture but when I've got my iMac home I now no longer have iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand or iWeb and iDVD. How do I get these programs back? Am I just looking in the wrong place or are they gone forever?

Finally, I use my iPhone as my alarm to get up for work but since the clocks changed last month it doesn't work properly anymore, I remember reading that Apple were releasing a fix but I still have the problem. Are we still waiting on this fix to be released?

Hope you lot can help me, thanks.
    /Rookie

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

In iTunes authorize your computer, then right click on the iPhone "transfer purchases". Your stuff should be backed up then.

3. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Rookie1986 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone able to help with this or would I be best to visit the Apple store (again) and explain things to them?

/Rookie

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Call AppleCare and tell them what happened. I'm sure they'll send you a CD.