iPhone syncing issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adityashah1989, Sep 20, 2009.

1. adityashah1989 macrumors 6502

When I sync my iPhone 3GS with my itunes it shows syncing and after while the procedure finishes but nothing new is being added on my phone. I added some new music and some new videos but they won't come on my phone? I restarted my computer and everything. I am using iTunes 9.

2. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Do you have it set to only sync checked music/video/etc? If so, make sure you've checked the things you want synced.

4. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I had that problem once. I had to deselect sync music then click apply, and then reselect it and sync.

5. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

@UngratefulNinja No I don't have that option ticked.

@spillproof And I tried deselecting music and reselecting it.

6. mechie8682 macrumors newbie

Check the format of the songs/media you are trying to add..

Not sure if this is the case for you - but if the new media you are trying to load onto your iphone was ripped off some CD, etc. (not standard download/purchase from itunes), it could be in a format that does not go with the iphone. I had this happen to me for a couple of songs with my 5g ipod. Just check if any "legit" media is being added seamlessly to your iphone to single out the problem.

7. Orthogonal macrumors newbie

Lost music

Hi - not sure if this is a related problem, but I've found that that only about half of my songs in iTunes are appearing on my 3GS when I sync. The missing songs include tracks I've bought on iTunes as well as some that I've ripped from CDs. Everything was fine until I upgraded to Snow Leopard but I'm not sure if that's the problem.
    Any ideas?