iPhone syncing to new computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adnbek, Mar 27, 2012.

1. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Hey all,

If I sync my phone with my new computer, I realize it erases everything and replaces with the new library but my question is:

Do I also lose my jailbreak tweaks or do those remain intact? Does syncing with iTunes only affect content from iTunes or will it also delete any apps I had installed through Cydia?

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

You can sync your phone with a new computer and not have everything erased; read here.

In terms of your jailbreak tweaks, nothing should be deleted when you sync with a new computer. I'm not sure about the apps installed through cydia though.

3. adnbek thread starter macrumors 65816

adnbek

Yeah, that I realize. I already transferred purchases. I tested with my iPad last night.

Couldn't restore backup. I chose to backup but seems like backup data also stores which computer it is synced to and so when I would do a restore backup, I'd get the alert again that the device is synced with another computer.

As for the jailbreak, same issue. If I did a restore backup, the jailbreak is left intact but if not, none of the cydia tweaks (or cydia itself) would open.