Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Hey all,

If I sync my phone with my new computer, I realize it erases everything and replaces with the new library but my question is:

Do I also lose my jailbreak tweaks or do those remain intact? Does syncing with iTunes only affect content from iTunes or will it also delete any apps I had installed through Cydia?

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
Hey all,

If I sync my phone with my new computer, I realize it erases everything and replaces with the new library but my question is:

Do I also lose my jailbreak tweaks or do those remain intact? Does syncing with iTunes only affect content from iTunes or will it also delete any apps I had installed through Cydia?

You can sync your phone with a new computer and not have everything erased; read here.

In terms of your jailbreak tweaks, nothing should be deleted when you sync with a new computer. I'm not sure about the apps installed through cydia though.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
You can sync your phone with a new computer and not have everything erased; read here.

In terms of your jailbreak tweaks, nothing should be deleted when you sync with a new computer. I'm not sure about the apps installed through cydia though.

Yeah, that I realize. I already transferred purchases. I tested with my iPad last night.

Couldn't restore backup. I chose to backup but seems like backup data also stores which computer it is synced to and so when I would do a restore backup, I'd get the alert again that the device is synced with another computer.

As for the jailbreak, same issue. If I did a restore backup, the jailbreak is left intact but if not, none of the cydia tweaks (or cydia itself) would open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.