iPhone + T-Mobile UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rooey, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Rooey macrumors member

So I was in the Carphone warehouse this morning looking for iPod Touches and the guy asks me why I don't just wait for the iPhone. I told him what I thought of O2 and he suggested that they'll be selling the iPhone on T-Mobile "soon".

As I walked out of the shop I overheard his manager warning him that he shouldn't have disclosed the information...

Anyone else heard this may be happening?

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

1. Why were you in the Carphone Warehouse looking for an iPod Touch?

2. Don't be foolish. This manager knows nothing and is speculating. He is also plain wrong. Apple have an exclusive agreement with their current carriers and this won't change until a new iPhone comes out or the contract expires.

3. sananda macrumors 68020

i think a carphone warehouse salesman has no idea of apple's future plans.

4. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

On a similar subject I was in the Apple store yesterday looking at the Touch. I then went across the road and asked the guy in the O2 store a question. I asked him, "If I get an iPhone and I am somewhere where there is no Edge coverage then can I still connect via gprs?" He said that it would work that way.
    He then also said that Vodafone would be the exclusive carrier of the 3G iPhone in the new year.

I would like to think that this is true but I am afraid that it sounds like pure speculation. Also why would an O2 employee basically say don't buy our iPhone but instead wait and buy a better one from our competitor??

5. trevreyno macrumors member

The salesmans right -T Mobile Germany Nov 9th p(although not sure if there is any carphone warehouse stores in Germany:rolleyes:)

Carphone warehouse staff you gotta love em!

6. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

dont trust cpw half the people work there have no clue what theyre talking about they misinform our customers and we have customers saying oh were told this this and this. fools