Iphone, T-Mobile, You Tube UK - Read This

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kuffdam, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Kuffdam macrumors newbie

Hey guys

Just to let you know.... I have been having problems getting access to YouTube, MySpace etc on my Iphone for about a week now..

I'm a T-Mobile UK customer and I have finally found out the problem is due to an Adult Lock on my account. Yes that's right, T-Mobile class Youtube videos as an adult site so its blocked.

I called to remove this and an hour later it was back on... so again I called and it was removed.... once again within an hour the lock re-appeared.

So I called customer services and its now be escalated as a fault. Its the network and not the phone and T-Mobile are looking into it as its a problem for many UK customers.

So if your having problems and don't know why... it could be this issue.

Hope that helps

2. somzii macrumors newbie

not sure

i called up cust serv, they are saying my account is open for adult content.
    can u tell me details about ur conversation. Also could you pls tell me if u actually got it worked "youtube" on tmobile uk. If so what firmware and which unlock method.
    I have tried several hacks on 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 firmwares.
    tx

3. Barry Scott macrumors newbie

Sound great in an open plan office...
    "Hello, yes - I'd like my account opened to access adult sites please" :eek:

4. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

You can't use youtube through T-Mobile cos it needs at least EDGE to work.

5. somzii macrumors newbie

txs

Thanks Oliver

Thats what i thought. I am using tmobile for web browsing. But for youtube u need EDGE. Guess will have to wait for 3G iphone.

Thanks