iPhone takes 80 minutes 'waiting for changes to be applied' every time I sync

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by logicstudiouser, Jul 29, 2014.

1. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

I have restored from backup and even started from scratch as a 'new iphone' and I am still having issues. I have been having this issue since iOS 7 first came out.
    Basically, whenever I connect my iPhone for a backup and to update new songs or podcasts in my library, it syncs perfectly fine, but, it gets stuck for roughly 80 minutes every time at the status 'Syncing Data: Waiting for changes to be applied'. Once it passes that, it FINALLY starts syncing new content like normally and finishes sync immediately.

What could be the reason for this happening, why does it get stuck for so long 'waiting for changes to be applied' before actually syncing the new songs or podcasts. is there any way I can resolve it?
    One thing I am wondering is whether it has to do with the fact that I manually choose artists, genres and playlists to sync because I have a 12,000+ music library.

Someone at the Apple store suggested putting it in DFU mode.

If anyone has had this exact problem and has found a solution, please let me know. Would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Hi. You didn't mention the various versions you're running. What is your OS and version, iTunes version, and iPhone iOS version? I don't remember off the top of my head but this was an issue in an earlier iTunes / iOS version.

And if I didn't say it enough, "version".

3. logicstudiouser thread starter macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

Thanks for the quick reply. I have an iPhone 4S, both iTunes and iOS are updated to the latest version. I am pretty good at keeping up to date. I tend to do a sync and iPhone backup on iTunes once a week. I would do it more often, but because of how long it takes to do an iTunes update/sync, I generally try to put it off to a time I am not as on the go.

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yup. i'm getting the same issue. it says that or "waiting for items to copy". its itunes. the last version of itunes worked fine. i usually just disconect it after a minute or so, and everything seems to have synced over.