iPhone Temperature warning

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stephendoc1984, Feb 18, 2010.

1. stephendoc1984 macrumors member

I accidentally left my iPhone on my bedside table under a lamp and when I went to grab it nearly burnt my hand with how warm it was.

I was able to take a screen grab of this screen though which I was hoping :rolleyes: would go away quickly..... thankfully it did. :D

Just thought I would post it here as didn't find it when searching.

Attached Files:

2. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

That's normal if it gets too hot. If it's charging plus you have a light source that emits heat close by or practically shining above the iPhone that could easily happen.

I suggest keep it away from all heat emmiting light while charging for extended periods of time.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That happens when you exceed the high temperature for what the phone is rated. It's good they put that feature in, since it can save the chip from being ruined.

4. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I fix iPhones as a small business. I am sure that the temperature sensor is in the battery circuitry because I have had a batch of bad batteries which give exactly the same display on the phone.

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I have never seen that before. Thanks for posting, I didn't even know the iphone warned of that.

6. booyeeka macrumors newbie

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Put your phone in a hot oven! ;)

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Made me laugh. Thanks.