iPhone Tethered with laptop Socks Proxy?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by waxtutor, Jul 2, 2008.

1. waxtutor macrumors newbie

Im am having some weird issues with my internet tether using my powerbook and iphone on an ad-hoc network.

I found this blog post (http://lifehacker.com/software/feat...internet-connection-on-your-laptop-327066.php) which has given me really speedy internet through my iphone on my laptop.

I am only having a few issues. I can access pages at pretty high speeds, but I was unable to access pretty much any search engine and also ebay, and apple and some other sites. Although I was unable to access google, safari was giving me an error saying that i was not connected to the internet even though i could browse other pages i just did a search for that blog post and it let me though. this flakey access is fast but i am unsure how to fix the page access problem. can anyone help if this makes sense to you.

I am posting this using internet from my iPhone right now. So I know that macrumors.com works.

2. waxtutor thread starter macrumors newbie

other issues i am encountering

youtube, myspace, amazon are pages that will load, but they look like the mobile version with no images. and i just went back to google and it is giving me the no internet connection again. this is the first time I have done this so im thinking there is a setting that i need to change either on my phone or the laptop. thanks.