iPhone Tethering 02-UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Curtis 92, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Curtis 92 macrumors member

Can I tether with my Mac if i'm on Pay&Go? i'm on 02-UK

2. mubo macrumors regular

Yes you can if you purchase the bolt on. ;)

Edit* Just looked and they have stopped it, sorry. but there is a hack.

3. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

Okay would you be able to give me a link so can do so? But surely I could be able to do it for free as i'm already paying for my Internet on my phone!

4. JDee macrumors 6502a

Internet Tethering won't work on Pay and Go.

If you're going to be browsing the web (tethering) without a Pay and Go plan O2 will eventually catch you and possibly remove your internet bolt on.

5. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

?

Okay would you be able to give me a link so can do so? But surely I could be able to do it for free as i'm already paying for my Internet on my phone!

6. mubo macrumors regular

the link is above....

7. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

Does it actually work?

8. JDee macrumors 6502a

Why don't you read my post.

It didn't work whenever I had an iPhone on Pay and Go although I moved to Business Pay Monthly, and you should answer your own question by trying it yourself.

Oh, and no... it isn't inclusive as I said. Notice it's the "iPhone Bolt On", not the iPhone + Tethering Bolt on.

You can't get the tethering bolt on as a Pay and Go customer. How else are they going to charge you?

If you're going to be using the tethering feature illegally, go ahead, but don't be blaming us when you come out with your bolt on canceled and all your credit gone.
    Excessive usage policies apply for a reason.

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You're paying for internet on your phone, not internet on your computer through your phone!
    As others have said, the tethering bolt-on isn't available for PAYG, but is for pay monthly

10. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

Alright don't get all ****ing serious mate I was only asking... I hardly know about all this tethering stuff and that soo be nice.

11. JDee macrumors 6502a

I'm not being rude, I was just reanswering your question as I had already posted the answer.

12. mubo macrumors regular

do you want me to come round and set it up for you??? why be so arrogant in your answers to people who have tried to help... just use google.