iPhone Tethering in PC: How Private and Secure it is?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Apr 26, 2010.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

I use iphone tethering in my pc for normal acces, downloading, msn browsing you tube.

I want to know How private it is? and How secure it is? How anonymous? And how much att protects privacy for their internet users?

It is better than standard DSL or cable connections?

This questions are general oriented, not talking about hackers but more about people who might want to know about my internet activity.

2. jtara macrumors 65816

First of all, you know that ATT doesn't permit this, right? Nor Apple.

So, you've jailbroken your phone to do this. Right off the bat, there's no assurance that ANYTHING about your iPhone is secure now. You might have downloaded malware, etc. and though that HAS happened through the App Store, Apple does make a serious effort to prevent it, and does pull apps when it is discovered.

Should really be no difference from a home DSL or cable connection in this regard. I don't think it's practical for anybody to "snoop" on your activity through the airwaves. The biggest point of vulnerability is the same as with a home Internet provider - the web sites you connect to (their policies, technology, and procedures), whether or not they use a secure (SSL) connection, etc. You should just read AT&T's policies for the last question, but wouldn't expect it's much different from other Internet Service Providers.

Quite a bit slower, and very high latency vs. a DSL or cable connection.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

^^^^
    He may just have a carrier hack and not be jailbroken.

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

+1