Iphone Tethering problem plz help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andygabriel, Jun 18, 2009.

1. andygabriel macrumors regular

Hi all,

I just downloaded firmware 3.0 but in settings>general>network i can't see the iphone tethering menu. I'm in Taiwan and Tethering is allowed here.

I'm wondering why it doesnt appear in my settings so that i can activate it.

Please help me out guys. Do i have to reinstall firmware 3.0?

Attached Files:

2. iKieran macrumors newbie

3. Enuratique macrumors 6502

4. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I am in the U.S. AT&T.

Once I changed the Network settings to get Visual VoiceMail back, it killed Tethering USB & Bluetooth. Go back to Cellular Data Network and hit "reset settings". You may have to reboot the phone. I've tried this 4 times in I am sure thats what breaks the tethering option.

5. andygabriel thread starter macrumors regular

I tried this and now i have the tethering option. But i'm wondering if i'll have it if ever there's a new firmware update "3.1".

But anyway, tethering is working both over bluetooth and USB but i don't have MMS. I never use MMS anyway but tethering is so cool.

And tethering on iphone 3G is very fast. i can even make Skype calls +video(it lags a lil bit) but voice is excellent. i'm in Taiwan so mayb the network is better here.