iPhone Text Message Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Formula1freak, May 8, 2010.

1. Formula1freak macrumors member

Formula1freak

so I have been an iPhone user since its launch, moved from the original, and stuck with the 3G when the 3GS when it launched, because i was not eligible for the upgrade at the time. My question is regarding text messages. I was watching a youtube video and in this video the guy had a iPhone and received a text message from his fiancee, this is how the text appeared on his phone...

[​IMG]

I didn't know you could set it to appear this way? Is this a feature only on the 3GS or did i miss something? I went through all the menus trying to find some feature regarding it, but found nothing... anybody have any reasoning for this?

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

When the iPhone is locked or if another application is in use, text messages are previewed by default as shown in your pic.

This is set "on" or "off" in "settings > messages".

3. Formula1freak thread starter macrumors member

Formula1freak

I know that, mine shows the message, and cancel, or view. Not close,view, call with a picture to the left, and a time to the left. The video and this image clearly shows that the phone was not locked, or another application was in use :confused: