iPhone Texting, is it weak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dayjob, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayjob macrumors newbie

I think that the texting feature on the iPhone is weak. I know that in these forums people rip what the iPhone doesn't have, but this is a big one and seems like a simple fix. Text messaging on this phone is just that text messaging. On my old razor phone, I could send pictures, video, but this phone I cannot. Text messaging is becoming some really big lately and I have been using it for years, and it doesn't cost AT&T any money to send a text message. I just wish that they had this feature to send and receive pictures, everyone else can and they don't have this phone that Apple calls "revolutionary".

Also I like that they put the texts in a chat style, but sometimes I want to resend a message or send the same one to some one else, why not be able too with out retyping it over again? I am thinking that it would be great of you could tap the message that you are wanting to do one of these things to and a menu comes up from the bottom (just like other apps) and ask you if you want to resend or send to someone else, or even save message or save the picture.

Texting is weak, I think that they need to give it an update

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Thanks, this has been discussed a billion times.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I'm glad you bought this up, this topic needs to be discussed.

5. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

how not. It doesnt foward text, cant delete individual messages. A regular cell can do this, which is the most basic of functions.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Closed the thread before the déjà vu became so intense it might have caused seizures...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.