iPhone Texting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justinmichael, Sep 16, 2008.

1. justinmichael macrumors newbie

I don't know if this was already posted, I'm new to these forums, but I had a quick question on texting with the iPhone:

-Is Apple ever planning on allowing users to send/recieve multi-media text messages (including pictures, videos)?

-Is Apple planning on allowing the keyboard to turn side ways (like it does with Safari) when texting?

Again, I apologize if these have already been asked before, but please, can anybody help answer?

Thanks!

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

mul-ti media texting-messages were introduced with firmware 2.1 for iPhone and iPod touch. please update to the latest firmware.

3. Dizle macrumors 6502

4. stoich macrumors member

what?? 2.1 does not allow for multimedia text messages to be sent.

The only way I have ever heard of where you can send mms messages is when you unlock the original Iphone you can download an application from the Installer called swirly mms that allows the user to send mms messages using EDGE so if you are using At&t you will be fine if you are using T-Mobile you will also need to download the T-zones Hack from the installer make sure it is compatible with your firmware. GOOD LUCK!

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This is Apple! We never know what they're planning.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Hey guess how wrong you are!

7. justinmichael thread starter macrumors newbie

But doing this voids the warranty, and could potentially corrupts the phone, correct?

8. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

gee, what a profound statement ;) i hoped that the inclusion of the iPod touch would have been a dead giveaway that i was joking.

OP: this topic is covered AD NAUSEAM on this board. do a search and you'll find the answer almost immediately.

9. stoich macrumors member

Yes it does void the warranty but its one of those things that you have to decide whether or not it is worth it.

Now if you have a friend or someone you know that is really talented with unlocking/jailbreaking etc. they could actually Flash the phone back to its locked status after it has been unlocked and apple/at&t couldnt tell the difference therefore your warranty would still be available. It depends how much you want pic messaging!! lol

10. stoich macrumors member

Oh and SR5878 there are A TON of people that repost on the same topics over and over again that is what Forums are all about! GETTING INFORMATION!!!! Back off the OP he just wants some help thats all

11. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

I could argue that it would take far less time to search for a previously answered thread than type up a question and wait for a suitable response, thus 'getting information' much quicker.

I'm not criticizing the OP, I'm just joking around. Lighten up :)

12. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

I could smell your sarcasm... don't worry.... they're catching on.