iPhone the ladies magnet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Well from the title your either looking at this for one of three reasons. One it's about the iPhone, two it's because of the word ladies or three because this is probably so stupid you just had to read it, laugh, make fun of this poster "AFPoster" or flame the post. Either way I hope you enjoy the read and your time isn't wasted to much.

So I am a pretty handsome guy, casual, very outgoing and fun. Well my buddy is the exact opposite. Very shy, quiet, and well he needs a wardrobe upgrade. So anyways I am whipping out my iPhone 3g playing away in Starbucks and I have these 2 ladies come up to me asking to check it out, and so on. My buddy next to me is so quiet and wont say to much. He is just trying to say hi, or hey whats up but nothing is coming out. So I say "my iphone??? no no this is my buddies iphone. Well quickly his eyes lit up and jumped into silky, suave steve. I mean this iPhone not only is a babe magnet, but literally a date magnet. He got 2 numbers put into that iPhone that day, and went on 1 date thus far with the lady. He even went to GQ on my phone saw the clothing people need to have section and went to the stores and bought the clothing.

Well I am excited to say I own an iPhone and I know he sure as heck is to now that he bought one. The only rough part of the whole situation was he had to use my iPhone on his date so I was stuck using my macbook when I could have been getting level 13 on Aurora Feint. Tisk tisk, but o'well it just made someone else a happy man, and a date. I will fill you in on this date if he got a kiss, or even a picture of the lady for when she calls him.

Hope you enjoy the good read.

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

What a nice guy! :) Don't know of too many men that would do that for a friend. That was really cool of you. Now, your friend is just going to have to buy himself one though LOL

3. FJR macrumors regular

Has to be flame, this used to happen a year ago. the 3G iPhone just isn't a big enough deal now though. Every once in a while I'll get a "man, I really want one of those" or something like that. It might occasionally be a conversation starter. Maybe its different if you live in small town south dakota or something, but I live in a mid sized city in Georgia and the iPhone just isn't a big deal. It's the coolest phone there is, to be sure, but its not a game changer like it once was.

But now if you go into any bar at least 3 other people are going to have an iPhone. It's a great device, but it doesn't make you an instant celebrity like it did last year. Last year I could walk into a bar, girls would beg to play with it and they would almost always put their numbers in at some point. If you ran into somebody who had one, it was like you were members of some exclusive club.

It helped me out a lot because I was casually dating somebody I really liked at the time and I think the constant attention I got is what put her over the edge and we started exclusively dating. Maybe a bit sad, but such is the world we live in.

4. oclor macrumors regular

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Uhg, I know, right?! I hate having to always pull the ladies off of me... ;)

6. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, yes I know. Apple should make a commercial like the Axe Deodarent ones one where all the ladies run out and wont get off you until they take your iPhone.

7. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

If they really wanted to make a point, they would have had a bunch of 18 yr old hottie girls swarming over Steve Jobs. Hahahahaha! :D

AFPoster, let me guess, when you got your phone back from your buddy, you found a few "bedroom pics" of the two girls on it. :D I swear, the iPhone is better than alcohol ! Better yet, go to a bar and whip out your iPhone and the drunk girls will swarm over you! :D

So the other day, I see this chick take out her iPhone and she is swarmed with guys. I guess it's a two-way street.

8. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

It is definately a two-way street the difference is nerdy / geeky guys now have a fighting chance over the muscle bound super hot guy.

9. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

One of my friends got laid because of his iPhone 3G. He was using it in a bar and this drunk chick totally starts asking him about it and he shows her a little demo and then says if they want to go back to his place or her place, he'll show her more of it. So they go back to his place and he serves her another drink, and long story short they end up naked on the sofa full on going at it! :)

10. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

How to increase battery life. Make sure everything is turned off:
    [​IMG]

11. FJR macrumors regular

This sounds more like your friend got laid because the Chick was retardedly drunk than anything to do with the iPhone.

12. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Maybe, but it's the fact that she came up to him because of the iPhone, and then it lead to sex with comments of the iPhone.

13. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Here's his picture:

[​IMG]

Here's her picture:
    [​IMG]

BUY AN iPHONE !!!!!!!!! :apple:

14. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

unnecessary censorship :)

15. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

To some ladies, I could see it being a magnet to maybe strike up a conversation as it still is one of those things that if you pulled out in public, some will look at you and want to see what it is like.

To others, they may think you are being snotty and should put it away :D

16. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

you sir, are a fkn hero.. seriously. The lengths you go to to help a mate... wow

thumbs up! :cool:

17. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, well thank you the main reason is because (and lets keep this a secret) is I am married. Now fortunately I didn't have my ring on at Starbucks which is probably why they came up, but my buddy sealed the deal at the end and to have balls like that means everything.

18. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

This gives me some hope as I'm getting my iPhone right before heading back to college - lol

19. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

LMAO. Most hilarious line of the thread.

20. mkoesel macrumors regular

Absolutely - I notice my iPhone gets lots of tail. Just this morning I found in on the counter with the wife's old Pink RAZR. Thankfully there was a used BodyGuardz nearby, so it should be virus free.

21. BackFocus macrumors member

wait...so is he going to have to buy an iPhone now if either of these relationships get off the ground?

22. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

:) :) :)

"That's why I say 'hey man, nice shot." That's why I say hey man nice shot.

You are the king of wing men!!!

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah everyone always ask what kind of phone I had and why it's so big and all. :D

24. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes he bought one, I don't know how he got one so quickly but he pulled it off. Also he said he made it to second base with no strikes. Of course he said the game ended when the roommates came home.

25. ski2moro macrumors 6502

OMG! I went to school with this guy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.