"iPhone: The Missing Manual" PDF now available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aricher, Jul 18, 2007.

1. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I was able to get the PDF for $5.00 instead of $25 for the book/PDF bundle on O'Reilly website. Click the "Add bundle to cart" button and the delete the print book version from your shopping cart.

From MacNN:

David Pogue has published a PDF version of iPhone: The Missing Manual. Areas of coverage include the phone and organizer, discussing various syncing topics even Apple never dreamed of, like syncing a single iPhone with multiple computers, or using the iPhone as a data bucket to merge the address books from several different PCs. It also tackles non-obvious problems as solving the "two-mailbox problem" and remedying the iPhone's lack of a spam filter, and discusses the iPhone as a computer and a phone. The 304-page book is priced at $20.

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Having read it, is it worth the $5 or is it just a compendium of what people are posting?

3. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

Don't know yet - I'm downloading the 48.8 MB file right now - it's taking awhile as my company's firewall doesn't seem to like the site. I may just wait to download it tonight at home.

4. ChandlerXJ macrumors member

I doubt we'll never find out what was in it tomorrow for free ;)

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You can get that advice for free:
    The iPhone, Gmail, and spam, by Christopher Breen.​

6. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher