iPhone Thinks It's In Another Country

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 2of3, Nov 1, 2010.

1. 2of3 macrumors member

Im in the UK and last night i tried to pay for an item that i won on ebay through the ebay app only to be told that the seller doesn't ship to my country. I contacted the seller also in the UK and he assured me that he sends stuff all over the world and has no such limitation on his account.

This also happened when trying to watch the BBC iPlayer recently. Contacted 02 and they had me sync the phone and check the settings on the phone after which all say GBR, UK etc. Now the only option i have is to relinquish my second ip4 for what will be a few weeks so it can be repaired which i am not relishing.

My nearest Apple store is miles away so was wondering if anyone has come across this before and if there is some kind of fix..?

2. chrisu91 macrumors regular

3. 2of3 thread starter macrumors member

Next..!!

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I blame O2. I used to use O2 mobile broadband a lot last year while on a work secondment. Most of the time such as the BBC would say the content was not available in my territory. I know Cheshire isn't in the south-east but didn't think the beeb had forsaken it. Possibly something similar here?

5. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I get the same thing with pad and phone when I play the national lottery, the site thinks I am outside the uk.