Iphone Threat

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by growl28, Jan 3, 2012.

1. growl28, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

growl28 macrumors newbie

Hi, i have a otterbox defender (http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-De...XX_color=20&start=1&cgid=apple-iphone-4-cases) for a case for my iphone 4s. it covers the headphone jack and the connector. I recently took out the screen protector that came glued onto the otterbox case and put a ishieldz screen protector and im wondering if snow could damage my iphone even though the headphone jack, connector is covered. The sensors are still white so i know it's not water damaged but i turned it off when i found my phone in not even an inch of snow with the screen down and little snowflakes on the speaker. Once i cleaned it off i put it in a bag of rice and im wondering if the snow could damage the screen and the internals through the screen and speakers, it was only in the snow for max of 5 minutes.

2. mantic macrumors 6502a

I would say, from what you've wrote, that your phone is fine.

3. growl28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your input :)
    i would still like to know what other people think of my situation

4. mantic macrumors 6502a

I've left my past iphones face up in the rain and they worked fine afterwards. I would think a little time in the snow is much less likely to damage the phone than rain.

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

Get a waterproof case such as Lifeproof and stop worrying. :) I love mine. Wet is no longer a problem.