iPhone Thru Best Buy You can get Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I was talking to a Best Buy rep and after thinking about the Insurance they offer, I decided not to however someone may feel like getting it.

Their plan which is the only one I know of bc Apple and AT&T do not offer Insurance, but 2 Years of Applecare for $69.00

Best Buy's Plan will cost you $14.99 per month but basically covers everything even if you drop it and an 18 Wheeler runs it over, however the downside is:

You bring in your phone, they provide you with a basic loaner, they call their warehouse for a Fully Refurbished unit, swap it out fo yours and when you go in to return the loaner you get your brand new Refurb'd unit at no additional cost to you, however the hefty $14.99 is quite a bit.

Verizon and AT&T now charge $7.00 for Insurance on most if not all of their phones, I think some of the newer ones could be a bit more.

Either $179.88 per year or $359.76 for 2 Year Piece of mind with Best Buy is what the $14.99 comes out to per month.

Hopefully none of us with ever need any of this...:eek:

2. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I wouldn't bother. I'd just save the money and then you could pay to have it fixed yourself. Plus, the only reason you would need an extended warrantee is if the product is crap.