Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
I had to reset my iPhone because it said it was an hour earlier. I think theres a problem because some of my buddies had the same problem. We reset it and it changed to normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I had to reset my iPhone because it said it was an hour earlier. I think theres a problem because some of my buddies had the same problem. We reset it and it changed to normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

You do know that daylight saving time is over (or beginning, I'm not sure) this weekend, right?

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
Yes I'm aware of that lol But usually it updates on it's own. And it was an hour behind for some reason....

rlav

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah. I noticed this too. Hopefully it will work in the correct direction at 2 am. I might set another alarm Monday morning just in case. I have the CDMA 4.2.6 software so I wonder if this is a CDMA issue or if 4.3 has this problem too.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah. I noticed this too. Hopefully it will work in the correct direction at 2 am. I might set another alarm Monday morning just in case. I have the CDMA 4.2.6 software so I wonder if this is a CDMA issue or if 4.3 has this problem too.

Yeah I have the CDMA version as well. I just don't want to wake up late in the morning.

drwatz0n

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
New York, USA
CDMA iPhone: my phone went back in time instead of forward. It must have happened at 1AM because I was in the shower for a bit, and when I came back, it was earlier then when I left?

EDIT: And now it is the proper time.

Last edited:

aviationwiz

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
My VeriPhone fell back an hour, and also early. What the heck?! Why does Apple always have issues with the iPhone clock?

ritmomundo

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
VZW iphone here too. At midnite (PST), my phone changed to 11pm... Went back an hour instead of going forward an hour, and all this 2 hours early! I'm going to leave it alone and see if it fixes itself by morning.

Sysyphus

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Didn't think to look at my VZW phone earlier.. it was sitting and charging, but when I did check it at a few minutes after 2am Eastern Standard it had correctly "sprung forward" to 3am, as had my wife's.

bwalke1

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
iphone 4 time change 3/2011

had my alarm set for 2:45AM for work this morning; alarm did not go off until 3:45AM, was not set as a repeat alarm. also tried to reset my alarm for tomorrow morning at 2:45 and the phone will not let me put the number 2 for the hour. crazy. hope this will be for the today only.

richard4339

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Illinois
CDMA iPhone: my phone went back in time instead of forward. It must have happened at 1AM because I was in the shower for a bit, and when I came back, it was earlier then when I left?

EDIT: And now it is the proper time.

Come to think of it, could this be a Verizon issue? Some difference in the way GSM and CDMA phones sync time? Maybe there was some misconfiguration in some areas of their network, but not others?

It would explain why this is only affecting some Verizon iPhones, but not all.

That happened to me as well. I rebooted my phone and it went back to normal. But I too was wondering if this could be a network thing.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
It seems you guys were all posting this before 2 am yesterday (Judging from people saying their phone is saying 12 am/ 1 am).

And I'm amazed no one brought this up. You guys do realize daylight savings time doesn't start (or end) until 2 am in the morning?

ritmomundo

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It seems you guys were all posting this before 2 am yesterday (Judging from people saying their phone is saying 12 am/ 1 am).

And I'm amazed no one brought this up. You guys do realize daylight savings time doesn't start (or end) until 2 am in the morning?

Yes, we are aware that the time officially changed at 2am. The problem we were having was that our iPhone clocks were changing up to 2 hours early (12am) for me, and it went in the wrong direction! (mine showed 11pm, where as per DST, it should have been 1am - and even then, not for another 2 hours).

I really wanted to let it run til morning and see if it automatically corrected itself, but my battery died just before I could charge it, so it was forced to reboot. It has since shown the correct time, even with DST. Im curious, to anyone that had this problem last night, has your phone changed to the right time?

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Doesn't the phone pull its time from the network? So the issue may have been the individual cell tower, not providing the correct time?

Explains the spottiness of the problem.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Doesn't the phone pull its time from the network? So the issue may have been the individual cell tower, not providing the correct time?

Explains the spottiness of the problem.

well- 2 things. We have 2 Vzw iPhones in the same house. my iPhone had the issue, and the other didn't, and it's presumed that we are using the same tower. so I'm sure it wasn't tower specific. However, my phone is jailbroken. The other iPhone that showed the right time was not JB. dunno if that has anything to do with it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.