iPhone time is wrong after JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Thomasba58, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Thomasba58 macrumors member

Thomasba58

Since jailbreaking with pwnage the time on my iPhone is 1 hour behind.
    The time settings in "date & time" are set to "automatically" and the region/timezone is set to "UK (London)."

if I ssh onto the phone and run the "date" command it returns the following : -
    Sat Oct 30 14:22:55 BST 2010

When the correct time is actually Sat Oct 30 15:22:55 BST 2010

I know I can set the automatic time to manual but that's just a bodge job and I'd rather it was set correctly.

Can I change the "hardware" time via ssh if so what would be the correct command?
    If this isn't the best way then what is?

TIA

2. declandio macrumors 6502

Sounds a bit weird. If the 'set automatically' slider is switched to ON, you shouldn't see any options for setting the region & timezone. I wonder if it has somehow switched back to GMT from BST a little too early...

Check the time settings on the computer you sync with?

3. Thomasba58 thread starter macrumors member

Thomasba58

Sorry I should have been clearer, region and timezone is in a different section.
    The computer I JB'd with was indeed set incorrectly, but that has now been corrected and despite resyncing several times, the time on the phone is still wrong.

I think if I can change the time via ssh I'll solve the problem but I can't find the write command line for it. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and see what has happened in the morning once the UK has gone back to GMT.

4. declandio macrumors 6502

A different section? Where?

5. Thomasba58 thread starter macrumors member

Thomasba58

Settings
    Mail,contacts, calenders
    right at the very bottom is Time Zone support

This may have nothing to do with it, however :confused:

6. declandio macrumors 6502

I see... well, is Time Zone Support switched on? Not sure it's relevant to your problem, I think that just affects how things are displayed in Calendar.

Other than that, I have no idea so good luck!

7. Thomasba58 thread starter macrumors member

Thomasba58

Just for everybody's information,

As nobody could come up with another way I reran pwnage tool and started again (this time witht he PC clock set correctly) :eek:

All seems to be good

8. AndreiMH macrumors newbie

I know this is an old topic, but since it's the first search result on google and it doesn't have a solution, I will post what worked for me.

I just Jailbreaked my phone for the first time. When I noticed the time was 1 hour off, just like with the Original Poster, I went to Settings-->General-->Date & Time and noticed the Time Zone indicator was showing a loading icon but failed to load anything. Switching off Set Automatically wasn't an option for me either.

So instead I went to Settings-->Privacy-->Location Services and at the very bottom to -->System Services. Just as I suspected, Setting Time Zone was switched off for some reason. Turning it on inmediatelly shows the correct time, even if you switch it off again.

This may not work for everyone, but I hope it's useful to some.