Iphone, Tmobile unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TMOUK, Aug 17, 2010.

1. TMOUK macrumors newbie

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked but im having no luck finding any information or answers at the moment.

Are Iphone 4's on contract with tmobile uk locked, I have been advised by tmobile should I put in another sim card when it arrives it will register with that network?

Hopefully I can then use my current contract on a rival network in the Iphone and pass on the new contract to a family member.

:confused:

any help appreciated,
    thanks

http://forums.macrumors.com/images/editor/menupop.gif

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will have to ask your carrier.
    But if you bought it subsidized with a contract its probably locked till your agreement expires. You can also apply for an official unlock thru your provider, some charge a fee for it while others dont.

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

There's not a great deal of information about T-Mobile (UK) and the iPhone 4 because they took a comparatively long time to start offering the phone and the deals haven't been seen as competitive.

4. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Defo locked on T-mobile UK, I get the SIM Failure message plus 'Invalid SIM' text where the signal/carrier name is (tested with a cutup O2 payg sim - the sim works fine in an adapter on an unlocked Sony phone)

Normally T-mobile charge £15 to give you your subsidy pin to unlock a phone, which you can do at anytime in a contract. Whether they will change this specifically for the iphone I don't know - you'll have to ring CS to find out.