Iphone to be released in June or July?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikeyiphone, Feb 15, 2010.

1. mikeyiphone macrumors regular

The WWDC is set between June 28 to July 2, 2010 so i guess its safe to assume the new iphone would be announced then.

My question is this, does the WWDC have to be the announcement for the next iphone? Were the last 3 releases announced at WWDC?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

no it doesn't have too!

Steve Jobs could do it anytime he like hence all the rumors that come out. Passed history shows WWDC most likely! about 95% I would say! I'm sure there will be a few Rumors along the way!

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Damn I hope so. I'm 2 secs from getting a Nexus One.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

why not just jailbreak? most people who say theyve switched from the iphone, say they hate it, and wish they could go back cuz of all the awesome features it has.

5. mikeyiphone thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking about jail breaking, I have a an original iPhone and its starting to run slow and chew up more battery then it use to, if i JB, from what i read, it could make it run even slower and eat even more battery.

Also, im not too familiar with JB, but it looks like it could be a hassle to instal themes and some of the lock-screens that i want.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

2007 iPhone: June 29th (WWDC was June 11-15)
    2008 iPhone 3G: July 11th (WWDC was June 9-13)
    2009 iPhone 3GS: June 19th (WWDC was June 8-12)

That's all we know. Your guess is as good as anyone's!

Probably because jailbreaking doesn't add memory space or a faster processor. I mean, if someone is waiting for the next hardware upgrade they're probably interested in, you know, hardware upgrades.

7. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

What I'm curious to know, which I don't know if anyone else can tell me, is how likely it will be that there will be another "big" android phone release around the same time as the new iphone. Like a nexus two or droid two or whatever the next big one is.

Interested to see if they plan to go head to head with something.

8. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

steve jobs said that the next iphone is going to blow android out of the water.

9. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Either way I'm upgrading with the next iPhone release, but my biggest problem isn't a problem with the phone at all. It's a problem with AT&T, and unlike everyone else, I get great service all the time - even in places my friends Verizon phone gets nothing at all.

My problem is the price. The unlimited packages that just dropped to $69.99 for Verizon and AT&T are great, but why aren't prices dropping on the iPhone? Just because they don't want them to. I just want a cheaper plan.

10. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

iphone prices dont drop until a new iphone comes out. the iphone is the most technologically advanced phone in the whole world. people keep buying them. theres no reason to lower the price.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can't have both the best selling smartphone and the cheapest plans. If that was the case we would see the iPhone on boost mobile and metro pcs.
    If you can't afford the plan go with something else on a cheaper provider.

12. tritonj macrumors 6502a

it isn't even close to being the most technologically advanced, what it does have though is the best user experience, but from a tech standpoint it isn't even close to cutting edge

13. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

Those are the actual RELEASE dates, aren't they?

The original iPhone was introduced on January 8, 2007.
    The iPhone 3G was introduced on June 9, 2008.
    The iPhone 3Gs was introduced on June 8, 2009.

14. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Thats your opinion. So you should say in my opinion. Also, they normally don't drop prices. They just discontinue it, and introduce the new model at the same price point as the old one. They did however lower the 3G to $99 from $199.

15. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Dooooo iiit!!

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, but the original question was about trying to guess the next release date, so I figured those were the most useful dates.

17. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I take it you have never been out of the USA. Japan has phones x5 better than the iPhone in terms of technology. The iPhone, when compared to the rest of the world, is a joke...like a toy for toddlers. It is one of the best phones in the USA and maybe NA, but far from the "most technologically advanced".

18. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

really, so do these japanese phones have over 140,000 applications on the app store? because theres an app for everything. so this phone is the most technologically advanced phone.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think your confusing the two. Most advanced in technology and elctronic components definetelly not. The most advanced in software tech implementation and ease off acess along with user friendlyness yes. Tons of apps and iTunes seemless integration etc...

20. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I here the Nexus has a lot of problems your better off with a Droid.

21. Blinkwing macrumors member

Japanese phones can be used as credit cards, payment for public transport and vending machines, live TV streaming (and recording), and even more than that.

Can an iPhone really be used as a credit card? No.

Can an iPhone really be used to pay for public transport? No. Only if there's an app that's been released by the transport company.

How about payment for vending machines? No.

Live TV streaming AND recording? No.

I can safely say that Japanese phones blow the iPhone out of the water.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Those features just need software implementation and could be possilbe and some are possible.
    I can start my car with my Viper App on my iphone from anywhere in the world or unlock/lock doors or pop the trunk, roll down windows etc...
    Also my iPhone will alert me if my alarm went off and even what sensor was tripped
    or if a door opened.

23. SongtotheKing macrumors member

SongtotheKing

When the iPhone first came out it WAS the most technologically advanced phone on the market.
    It is the best user experience and will always be (because of the app store and its simplicity) as long as they keep updating it...
    But to say it isn't even close to cutting edge "isn't even close" to the truth. It is very cutting edge, its just that some other phones do have better tech.

24. bozzykid macrumors 68020

That simply isn't true. It may have had a great design and clearly had the best mobile OS. But it wasn't the most technologically advanced phone at the time.

25. SongtotheKing macrumors member

SongtotheKing

Ok. Well if thats true then what other phone was more technologically advanced and how? The iPhone just seems to have way to much tech in it for another phone to be better...technologically... but i could be wrong.