iPhone: to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fireball370, Dec 1, 2007.

1. fireball370 macrumors member

Hey All:

As a Blackberry user, I am thinking of making the switch to an iPhone, but there are a few things the iPhone can't do that the blackberry can. They're not complete deal-breakers, but it would be nice to have. I've noticed that the iPhone cannot send SMS messages to more than one recipient, nor can it send an MMS message direct to a mobile number (instead of the 555-555-1212@txt... workaround)

So I guess my question is, should I make the switch in hopes of Apple taking care of those issues via software update OR should I just wait for the next version?

Thanks for reading! :)

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

wait for the next version. I've been screwed by being an early adopter in the past. Its tough, but I'd wait until after MacWorld at least. just my 2 cents

3. marshallochs macrumors newbie

I used to have Sprint with the ability to send texts to multiple people, and MMS messages. I bought the iPhone and really haven't missed that feature. It would be nice to have, but having real web browsing, a decent camera, and ipod and touch screen are more important.

4. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Seriously wait till the next version, it should arrive sometime next quarter. if not (because i really do not know when) it will be released by 2009 with better shinier features. if you do buy now its still a kick ass phone.

Good luck mate!
    :apple: