iPhone to iCal with Mobile Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by insocal, Jul 9, 2008.

1. insocal macrumors regular

Just curious...

If I make a change on my calendar on my iPhone, that change will appear on Mobile Me but in order for it to appear on my iCal App on my Macbook, I have to manually Sync? Is that correct? It won't just appear on my iCal app by itself....

Also, your iPhone were to 'die' or somehow things get accidentally deleted, then it would change on Mobile Me but you'd still have it available in your computer's APPS until performing a SYNC, is that right?

Thanks!

2. Babiipiink macrumors member

When you make a change on your iPhone it pushes the change up to the MobileMe "cloud" and out to all your devices that are set up with the program. If you go to the apple website they have a section about it and it can answer all your questions! :)

3. insocal thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

Yeah, I watched it but I couldn't tell if it was going to automatically change my desktop apps. It probably can't do that. It must be some kind of keychain thing where it'll ask whether you want to implement the changes from Mobile Me to the desktop.

4. Babiipiink macrumors member

Yea i hope so too. I would hate to accidentally delete something on my phone and then have it erased everywhere else.

5. jaw3net macrumors regular

Yes it can. You'll have to enable MobileMe on all of the machines you want it to update. (I imagine there will be a significant Leopard update coming that will show MobileMe options instead of .mac options).