iPhone to iMac Photo Transfer

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I noticed last week that my phone isn't transferring a few photos from my 7Plus to my iMac and I can't figure it out why its doing this.
Anyone have a fix for this?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
A bit more info would be helpful.

Version of OS X/MacOS
What method are you using to transfer: USB sync, My Photo Stream, iCloud Photo Library?
Are you using the Photos app, iPhoto, Image Capture?
Are you able to successfully import photos in general, with just a few that are not coming over, or does every photo import fail?

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
A bit more info would be helpful.

Version of OS X/MacOS
What method are you using to transfer: USB sync, My Photo Stream, iCloud Photo Library?
Are you using the Photos app, iPhoto, Image Capture?
Are you able to successfully import photos in general, with just a few that are not coming over, or does every photo import fail?
MacOS X 10.12.6 iOS 11.0 beta4
I am using USB to transfer
Photos app
I have been transferring photos for years with this setup.
I am able to transfer new photos now but there are 20-30 pictures that won't transfer ....looks like from July 24 until Aug 5

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
MacOS X 10.12.6 iOS 11.0 beta4
I am using USB to transfer
Photos app
I have been transferring photos for years with this setup.
I am able to transfer new photos now but there are 20-30 pictures that won't transfer ....looks like from July 24 until Aug 5
My guess is that those 20-30 images have already been flagged as having been transferred (maybe it was an early Beta bug, maybe not). Since there's no way I know of to flip the flag back, it's probably easiest to use AirDrop to transfer those images to the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.