iPhone to iPad sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnnyZ, Mar 7, 2011.

1. johnnyZ macrumors newbie

Is it possible to sync my calendar on my iPhone to my calendar on my iPad? I just can't figure out how for some reason.

2. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    well if you have a mac it should sync when you plug your iPad into your mac. If you have mobileme they should sync automatically over the air. If you have a PC without MobileMe, then I have no idea. Not saying it's not possible, but I have a Mac so I don't know.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Do the calendars sync to something via your PC or on the Internet?

Both my ipad and iphone sync calendars to my work Exchange server and also to my gmail account (use the Exchange interface) and sync OTA essentially real-time. The two different calendars (work and gmail) show as different colors.

If you use neither of these, then syncing to ical on OSX should be fine, but it would only update when synced with itunes. Not sure what calendars other than Outlook iTunes on PC syncs to.

4. johnnyZ thread starter macrumors newbie

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you don't sync your iphone calendar to your PC, i.e. you're just using it on the iphone, then you'll need to change how you do things so that you are syncing it to something.

Who is your email provider? If Google or Yahoo, they should allow OTA calendar sync.

6. johnnyZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I use yahoo as my main email account. I will have to investigate how to sync with them.

Thanks!

7. deeddawg macrumors 604