iPhone to iPad tether

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by TheCheapGeek, Aug 12, 2010.

1. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

So I am currently using mywi 4 to wifi tether to my jailbroken iPad. Everything is working well and I have no real complaints, however the thought of using the built it iphone bluetooth tethering, unlocked via the carrier file hack, and iTether on the ipad is appealing.

Is there any reason in thinking that this would be better? Main main goal is as close to stock/jailed iPhone as possible with the ability to tether to the iPad.

2. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

I think there is a hack to get it close to stock as possible, do a search. For me I don't really care, I'm currently running MyWi and its working perfectly.

If ATT wasn't so greedy I would have paid a few bucks to activate the stock tether but not $20 plus give up my unlimited.

3. iThinman macrumors regular

Each method has it’s place.

Myself having an iPad + iPhone, the native tether hack or TetherMe plus iTether appears to be the best solution for battery life as well as cost. I think I could almost get an entire round of golf in with my iPad full course gps rangefinder plus anything else i want to do between holes device.

MyWi allows me to add my EyeFi enabled camera into the mix as well as allowing me to still use my Bluetooth on the iPad.