iPhone to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jerryoster, Mar 20, 2011.

1. jerryoster macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS and am waiting for my iPad 2 to arrive. When I sych the iPad to the same computer as my iPhone on iTunes, will:
    1. All my music pass on to the iPad
    2. I understand that I can synch any or all the applications, but will the data such as the notes I have in NOTES, and all my contacts in the CONTACT section also come over? Will prior settings in apps also reappear on the iPad?
    I also have documents in my PDF Reader app. Will they come over. If not, what's the easiesd way to move them to the iPhone to the iPad 2?

2. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

You'll plug it up and sync it just like a second iPhone. Just go into your iPad settings and tell iTunes what you do and don't want to be synced and that's it.

3. jerryoster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I was hoping for that answer! I guess the important thing is to back up the iPhone before synching the iPad. I have several apps on the iPhone App listing in iTunes that I haven't needed that much, and didn't check them for synching because of lack of space available on my 16 gig iPhone. They appear on my app list however. I would like to utilize some of these on my 64 gig iPad when it comes in; many were games, books etc. Will they appear on my app menu after I synch the iPad for the first time and sych (restore) my current apps actually on the iPhone to the iPad, or will I have to "repurchase" them?
    jerry