iPhone to iPhoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SDog27, Mar 31, 2011.

1. SDog27 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to get photos off my iPhone, but when I plug it in, it appears in iPhoto but instead of the photos I've taken, it's just dashed line boxes and the photos can't be synced off it. Any ideas how to fix it?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sounds like the "Camera Roll" on the phone has become corrupted.
    You might try an app like iRip 2, but I'm not sure you can get to the camera roll folder unless you are jailbroken. If all else fails, you could simply email the photos to yourself, and then restore the phone as new, to fix the problem.

3. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

I agree with James. High rez email of photos, save to your phone again, or save them to the desktop and import into iPhoto?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. SDog27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Think the only way I'm gonna be able to do it is emailing. Trouble is, I have a few large videos which I need off it that won't email so iRip2 might need to be tried.

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

After you get them off, don't forget to restore as new, or you will be right back in the same fix.
    One other thing, and please don't take this the wrong way....Using the camera roll, to store photos and videos, will eventually cause problems....If you had a point and shoot camera, you wouldn't store your photos on the flash card. The phone camera is no different.