iPhone to Mac free

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by captainritalin, Mar 13, 2010.

1. captainritalin macrumors member

Guys I am so sorry for asking this cause I am sure it has been asked a hundred times but I cant find where it has. Is there a free way to transfer all of my stuff from my iPhone to MBP?

2. rudolf macrumors member

Yes. Sync via iTunes.

3. captainritalin thread starter macrumors member

Thats not what I am talking about. My friend dropped my laptop and so I lost a ton of music. I need to transfer everything from my iphone to my ipod. Sync via itunes only does that with the stuff that you bought from iTunes

4. terraphantm macrumors 68040

If you were running windows you can use sharepod, but I honestly don't know of anything like that for macs.

5. mrtanner macrumors newbie

Teach a man to fish right?

You might want to become familiar with ilounge.com.

Their #1 question (according to them) is "(Fill in the blank) happened to my computer, how to I get stuff off my iPod/iPhone and back onto my main computer?"

Here is a link to a pretty thorough article on the topic. Including reviews of third party apps that you can use to do the heavy lifting for you.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer/P0/

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Download iPhone Explorer for Mac

Drag and drop ANYTHING off your iPhone to your Mac. It's just like using a flashdrive.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That only works for a jailbroken phone.

Get expod (free) or Phoneview (costs). Phoneview gets everything off. Expod just does music, IIRC. Both work on a Mac.