Iphone to Mini USB Connector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w3cum, Jul 1, 2009.

1. w3cum macrumors regular

I have searched the forums and not found any helpful information on this topic. I am looking for a data/charging connector for the iphone that I can plug my mini USB cables into. I have the iGo battery recharging kit. Since they could make the charging adapter it would make sense that someone would make the adapter. I would like to be able to double use my Blackberry charger and data cable.
    I know I can buy the Juice Battery Pack that allows the iPhone to be charged and connected to the computer thru the mini USB... just dont want that case... I like my Otterbox
    Any suggestions would be great thanks

Attached Files:

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I think I'm confused by your question ... I have an iGo and I use only that ... No need for a data cable or anything. Why would you need to use your BB data cable when the iPhone comes with it's own USB cord?

3. w3cum thread starter macrumors regular

what I want to do is eliminate the cable and chargers that I carry when I travel. If there was a small little adapter that plugged into the bottom of the phone then all I would have to do is carry the mini usb data cable that came with my Blackberry (BB is work phone iPhone is Personal) I could charge both and sync both without carrying the extra cables. Plus I could double use my Car Charger. Since everything I have uses Mini-USB it would make sense to use it. (Tom-Tom, BlackBerry, Camera)

4. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I can get you partially there by this adapter here:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3255936

That will allow you to charge using a USB Mini-B but it will not work as a data transfer cable BUT it does do video output. The video cable can be removed and the adapter has a USB Mini-B input. I have one myself.