iPhone to Sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trout74, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Trout74 macrumors 6502

I realize the iphone to Verizon is the predominant argument. I am wondering if / when they bring it to Verizon will they likly also bring it to sprint? The networks have the same technology, and so why not give sprints 37 million customers the chance as well?

Thanks,
    trout

2. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was thinking maybe they would release it on Sprint as a test bed for Verizon. Try it on Sprint and work the CDMA bugs out before releasing it to 100 million people on Verizon.

3. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Might be a bad idea if people argue that AT&T gives the iphone a bad rep.

I was talking to the Verizon sales person the other day and she says they get the most customers from Sprint (basically people who are unhappy with their service with the other provider).

AT&T may have the worse name, but probably more cause more people are on AT&T so more chance more people will be upset. Not as many on Sprint and yet she gets more customers from them...

I know one of my 2 reasons for not even considering the EVO (and the bigger reason honestly) is it is on Sprint. My parents had sprint long ago. Could never understand a word they said when they called on their cellphones (finally asked htem to use the landline cause it was too annoying trying to talk to them on their cellphones). And they aren't the only ones I heard with that issue. If the iphone went on sprint, I'd probaby learn to love android or learn to live with my old iphone (and if I went android I'd probably go Verizon cause AT&T does not get good android phones).

4. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry your experience with Sprint was so bad, I currently use verizon, had ATT with original iphone ( left once my 2 years was up cause sevice was so bad) and previous to ATT had Sprint in Denver. I will say this for Free. They all pretty much Suck! Though I feel Verizon sucks the least, however....Verizon is the most expensive, and Sprint is the cheapest. As an aside, Sprint in Denver was phenominal, I have no experience with it in Des Moines ( where I live now)

Back to anyone............think Sprint will get iPhone before verizon or along side Verizon?

thanks,
    Trout