Iphone to TV

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stubremner849, Nov 10, 2009.

1. stubremner849 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have just got the Skysports app for my iphone and was wondering if there is a way i can put this onto my TV.
    I have seen the cables available from Apple but they do not say if apps will be on the TV just photos and music.

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

Unfortunately no it will not, apple had not yet allowed apps to access the TV out aspect of the SDK.

3. koollectablz macrumors 6502

I had exactly the same question.

In there a jailbroken solution for this? Cydia app or something?

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

no not directly to the TV (not that i have heard of) there is a cydia app called veency which allows you to ouptut the iphones entire screen to your computer.

try searching for it, and from ther eyou can then output the compuer/laptop screen to the TV provided your TV has the proper input at the back.
    DVI input is what you would want.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope they come out with something like that.
    Similar to the way they do the Apple keynotes presentations where the iphones screen is displayed on a big screen.
    It would also help people using the iphone for meetings or company presentations with pics, pdf or excell documents etc...

6. marra2 macrumors regular

marra2

There is an app on cydia called tvout and puts any app on your tv !
    I have it but waiting for me cable to see if it works with the sky tv app !

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Look at Erica Sadun's work. Apple will roll out eventually this, but it's been a long time coming. (see media out player patent, and the work on video out to a dock/TV direct). People have got it to work.

8. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

If you're jailbroken try ScreenSplitr- I prefer that ScreenSplitr over TVOut because TVOut disables the iPhone's internal screen.

If you're not jailbroken I don't think there's anything that would let you do this.

9. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Non-jailbroken iPod Touch and Apple's TV-out cable works fine on a TV with:

- BBC iPlayer (BBC TV catchup)
    - TVCatchup (live UK TV - twelve main channels at present - more to come later)

Both are geographically limited to UK, but clearly that's nothing to do with any hardware or software restrictions in the iPod Touch/iPhone.

However, netTV Lite - which carries a Sky News live feed - doesn't work, but, again, clearly that's NOT any hardware or software restrictions in the iPod Touch/iPhone, but something to do with the stream itself.

Don't know if Skysports works...