iPhone TomTom Mount UK price... how much :O!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by neil1980, Aug 19, 2009.

1. neil1980 macrumors 6502

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It wouldn't be too bad if it included the TomTom app, but it's bloody expensive for just a mount even if it has got a GPS chip built in. :eek:

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

4. neil1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

If it included the software I'd say it was pretty pricey considering the price of say a tomtom one europe... but the mount on its own... I still cant get over it.

That had better be a huuuge error

5. Macjames macrumors 6502a

6. kicko macrumors 65816

I certainly hope that is a MSRP and not the actual. That is b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

If that is true then just buy a stand alone unit. I did and it was a tomtom cheaper then that holder alone.

7. softandy macrumors member

TOMTOM mad

Hi

Does anyone know if I can upgrade from the UK and Ireland to Western Europe which includes these without paying the £80 even though I stupidly paid £60 for the aforementioned. Just trying to save a few quid due to own eagerness.:apple:

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Tomtom app is awful on iphone.

i was a huge tomtom fan. When it was not availiable on the iphone i got a HTC touch HD and got Tomtom 7 on it. It was flawless, to this day is a great app and super accurate.

Got Tomtom on the Iphone 3GS last week and its pathetic to say the least. Its just such a bad experience compared to tomtom 7 on the HTC that i quickly got a refund. Its runs very slowly, its about 1-2 streets behind at time and this is walking, it often gets lost and re-routing can take a long time and the maps are way out of date. I believe this all comes down to GPS performance, so either the GPS in the iphone is total crap or the software is really badly written. Though having read reviews for navigon and i-go, it seems the GPS could really suck in the iphone.

By TomTom selling a GPS receiver in the mount kinda makes me speculate that tomtom acknowledge the iphones GPS as being an issue hence adding their own.

Given the price of the App and the mount, you would have to be mad to buy this, get a standalone Tomtom, much better reception and functionality.

And if your thinking of getting the Tomtom app to use on the iphone without the mount, be warned its really crap.

Also i have used the navigon app 1.1 and its far superior in its performace. It does a much better job with GPS positioning, but still way way behind tomtom 7 on the HTC. It looks like i will be keeping my HTC for portable navigation duties.