iPhone too hot to hold after 8.4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liam Steven, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Liam Steven macrumors regular

Charging, general web browsing etc and my iPhone 6 is uncomfortable to hold it's that hot.

Anybody else?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Maybe you need to let it...

[​IMG]

.... cool off.

YEAAAAAAAH

4. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Have you rebooted it?

5. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

I haven't noticed any issues since upgrading to 8.4 on my iPhone 6+. Have you tried doing a full restore?

6. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Heard to a local Apple store.

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Was your device updated OTA or restored from a backup after updating iOS?

Both of these have been known to cause strange issues such as yours.

If all else fails try restoring from new without using a backup to see if it helps.

8. hardz10, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015

hardz10 macrumors newbie

Mine gets hot too. I've noticed it since updating to 8.4 but it has also been quite hot in the UK over the past couple of weeks. I've got a genius appointment this evening to raise it with them. I'll report back.

UPDATE 09/07 - so I spoke to a Genius who was really helpful. He ran a test and said everything looked fine with my battery etc. He said that he had noticed his own iPhone getting warmer and seeing a drop in battery life after he updated to 8.4 and they've had a lot more people coming in recently having the same issue. He said 'we think there's a bug in 8.4' and that apple music was definitely causing over heating and battery drain when in use. His recommendation was to do a factory reset and start the iphone 'as new' from iTunes.

9. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your input.

It's all good and well to restore my iPhone as new but I will loose all my stuff so not really an option...

10. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 65816

Cutiekitty92

Just go back and say you've done it :D

11. has.marvel macrumors member

I am seeing much shorter battery life since the upgrade to 8.4. Almost ran out yesterday for first time ever with 6plus phone. Used to finish day at about 60%. Hit that now by early afternoon. Something is wrong. One think I notice is that iBooks is running in the background (I use it to play audiobook when driving. No reason for it to be running in background. This seems to be part of problem but I think that is something going on with location services also.

12. hardz10 macrumors newbie

Yeah I agree. I haven't done it myself on the basis that I understand ios 9 is to be released this month? (although, i'm pretty sure i've read that wrong somewhere, seems too early to me). I might just try the public beta that's just been released...