iPhone too quiet???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghall, Sep 12, 2007.

?

The iPhone is...

1. Too Loud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just Right

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Too Quiet

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I've been following peoples thoughts and reviews on the iPhone since it came out, and one thing that I read a lot was that the ringer, and notification sounds are to quiet. Now that I have mine, I have found the sounds quite loud, not too loud, but definitely loud enough. Maybe I just have better hearing than most people.

So, how do you rate the iPhones volume?

2. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

iPhone TOO quiet? Yes, I agree. Especially the SMS notifications. I've missed way too many text messages due to the low volume and the inability to change the sound.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

True, the SMS sound is inaudable most of the time, but besides that, everything seems loud enough for me.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think some features are too quiet, but others are too damned loud! Ringtones being one of them (and no, at this point, I'm unwilling to "hack" the phone or to buy a ringtone so I'll just deal with it). A "too-loud" feature I think is all the same tones but when you're in a phone conversation w/ earbuds and you get a text or you get mail. Those sounds are soooooo loud during a phone call. :eek:

But my other beef, which is a good and a bad thing, is that the iPhone doesn't give reminder chirps/ beeps if you miss a call or text. So I've let missed texts/ calls go by for over an hour with the phone right in front of me simply 'cause I got up and missed it-- then there was no reminder of the missed calls/texts.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

it is too quiet. way too quiet and there needs to be a way to set different alerts/ringtones for voicemail, text msgs. would also be great if the phone had a reminder chirp or some action on voicemail and texts.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I find the sound volumes fine, although I don't text that much, so that being quieter doesn't really bother me.