iPhone/Touch Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

So I'm browsing the Apple site and notice there are tons of apps for the iPhone and Touch. I just can't figure out how to get them to work. The Apple site doesn't explain it.

2. -XIV- macrumors newbie

Bump.

I would like to know this aswell. I see a load of apps that lists as compatible for both the iPhone and Touch but would like to know if it's possible now. I hope they all don't cost money each.

Thanks in advance.

3. br1anc macrumors regular

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I'm pretty sure you have to be online to use the web apps.

6. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Yeah, sounds like you're talking about web apps. Go to apple.com/webapps, I think and you can download them from there. It puts a link on your homepage that goes to the app on the web. I haven't used them too much, but they seem cool enough. I think native apps are better, which you can only get when you jailbreak.

7. br1anc macrumors regular

you have to go on that website on your touch and then you pick an app then there will be something that says "View Web App" or something like that. from there you'll be redirected to that app's site. once again, you have to be online from your touch for them to work.

8. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay so I figured it out but have another question. When I add a web app and make an icon for it then when I press the safari icon it opens up to the web app site...is this normal? Kinda of defeats the point of using a web app icon, since I could have used a safari bookmark instead.