iPhone/Touch compatible websites

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nirvana06, Sep 16, 2007.

1. nirvana06 macrumors regular

2. EriCKY macrumors member

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

4. nirvana06 thread starter macrumors regular

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

6. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

umm..... all websites? isn't that the whole point?

7. milszils macrumors member

can someone check http://www.meebo.com

it is so you can use instant messanger programs with the software

8. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Yes. I use used MSN and it works fine. It is not the slickest out there but it works.

9. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

I'd guess that you could, very roughly, divide it into four camps (sorry I'm not listing specific sites):

Mobile web pages- Made for cell phones and such, the iphone and touch need not bother with such stripped down sites.

iphone/touch enabled- these will probably be the best, although they could lack features that might be useful and detail that the iphone/touch could handle.

fully functioning normal websites- Mmmmmm, real websites on a mobile browser!

non/partially functioning normal websites- Flash video topping the list here..

I think that the first three are relatively non-issues, although specially designed sites will be REALLY good to know about.

What is a little mysterious is that they can't get safari to truely act like Safari on a mac, even when it runs on the mobile OS X. Hopefully software updates in the futue will fix this (hardware updates certainly will in some future models, but for those with current models, software updates would be nice).

Portal sites that would take non-compatible codeces and webpages and open them in some soft of viewer that was compatible would be wonderful, because then anything that played on a computer would play on the iphone/touch. Hacks could also accomplish this, and wouldn't chew up the bandwidth, storage, and processing power of the host doing online conversions. Lets cross our fingers!

10. Cache macrumors regular

Oooh awesome! Thanks for clearing this up, I was wondering if it would work. :)

At least this makes the whole messed up screen thing slightly bearable. ><

11. caMi macrumors regular

iphone.beejive.com

Best chat client out there for the ipod!

12. erinerupt06 macrumors newbie

Flash Duh

not all websites..not the flash websites:mad: