iPhone Touch Screen acting strange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hitenders, Jun 6, 2008.

1. hitenders macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I own a 8GB iPhone and have this very weird thing with the iPhone.

Very rarely, when I use the touch screen, I click on one thing on the screen, but something else gets selected.

This is not supposed to happen, but sometimes instead of clicking what I have chosen, the iPhone clicks on something else random.

My friend told me it happens because there might be some part of my skin touching the screen, but today it happened and there was nothing touching the screen except for my thumb which I use to click on stuff.

Is this a common issue with the iPhone?

Yesterday I was using the iPhone and the screen acted weird again. I would click a particular number but the iPhone would click a random number.

Then when I would try to hit end call, it would click end call but the call would not end.

Later I cleaned the screen with my shirt and it started working perfectly again. Weird part is my friend's iPhone which I have with me right now does the same random clicking.

Thanks in advance.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not common, you need to duplicate it for the Apple Store and then get it replaced.

3. hitenders thread starter macrumors newbie

Still find it hard to believe something wrong with the iPhone. My friend's iPhone does the random thing too.

Also the fact that it's been working perfect after cleaning the screen makes me feel that nothing is wrong with the iPhone.

Don't know if this helps, but during the day it works flawless, it's only at night that the random thing starts maybe once in two days or so.

4. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Get a screen protector.

5. RobUM macrumors newbie

Try having your friend use both phones and see if they do the same thing to him. The fact that it's happening on both yours, and your friend's, phone makes me think that it might be something you're doing :p
    If it does the same thing with your friend, then take it to Apple...that shouldn't be happening, even if it does work fine after cleaning the screen...

6. fat-tony macrumors newbie

I had this problem with my iPhone 16GB recently. Cleaning the screen and powering off/on didn't fix it.

In the end I took it back to the shop (Softbank in Japan) and they did a full reset on it. That seems to have fixed it. Just had to restore the data from my iTunes backup.

Good that it's fixed, but if I'd known all they'd do is reset it, I would have saved myself a trip to the store and just done it myself through iTunes...