Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuartamackie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
The following are the phone's tech details:

- 2G, First Generation
- 3.0 firmware
- jailbroken using redsnow

I have my phone on me while i was out, and I took it out to send a message and the slide to unlock screen would not work.

I have tried reseting, restoring, almost everything, anyone else have any idea?

Same thing as in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=TW&hl=zh-TW&v=WCQi52Bv2dk&fmt=18, all the buttons respond, but the touchscreen doesnt respond to anything!

Please let me know! I dont know what else to do!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Well, if you're experiencing exactly what the video showed, then your digitizer has gone bad. The only thing to do is go to Apple, unless you want to try and fix it yourself. However, you risk making things worse if you mess up taking the phone apart.

You could try a DFU restore. Couldn't hurt, but probably won't fix it.

nic23mad

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
Iphone touchscreen non responsive

The following are the phone's tech details:

- 2G, First Generation
- 3.0 firmware
- jailbroken using redsnow

I have my phone on me while i was out, and I took it out to send a message and the slide to unlock screen would not work.

I have tried reseting, restoring, almost everything, anyone else have any idea?

Same thing as in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=TW&hl=zh-TW&v=WCQi52Bv2dk&fmt=18, all the buttons respond, but the touchscreen doesnt respond to anything!

Please let me know! I dont know what else to do!

I have a 3Gs and had the same problem but it was intermittent. I took it in to get looked at by the techs and they reset my firmware and told me to restore my phone "as a new phone". Don't restore using your backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.