iPhone trackpad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappySnail, Jul 2, 2011.

1. HappySnail macrumors regular

I am looking forward to upgrading to lion but I feel I may miss out on the feel of it as i still have my old mighty mouse.
    As much as i'd love to get a magic mouse or trackpad I don't have a spare £60 kicking around, at this point i'm not sure how well I can afford Lion as it is.
    I was just wondering if there was a way to set up my iphone as a trackpad, there are apps, but they just work as a pointer, they lack the multitouch and smooth scrolling that's available on the real thing.
    I don't mind jailbreaking my iphone if there's only something on the cydia store but i'm just looking for any solution really. The trackpad features are fantastic but i just can't afford apple peripherals, seems silly not to just use my phone if it is essentially what i need already.

2. shandyman Suspended

you tried mobilemouse? you can do scrolling and that on it and even use it with the gyro which is cool. no JB needed

http://www.mobilemouse.com/overview.html

3. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers, yeah I looked at that but I don't think it has the abilities of the magic trackpad. No, smoothscrolling, 3 finger swipe, pinch to zoom, 4 finger expose or rotation. These are the things I am really hoping for.

4. shandyman Suspended

It's got scrolling and pinch to zoom. The rest are on its way apparantly